World Class Hiking boots, handmade with the century old technique of creating robust and long-lasting boots, using a time-honored "Double Stitched Technique", that creates a boot that can be your companion for many years. Hanwag, Burgler is the Art of boot-making at it's finest!
- What characterizes the Genuine Double-Stitch Sole technique is two rows of stitching through the upper—the first connecting the upper to the rib of the Insole (A Special lip on the Insole specifically for double-stitching), the second rows connecting the upper to the midsole.Specifically, A Genuinely Double Stitched Shoe will have extra Upper Leather That Is Turned Out To Form A “Lip,” Or Flange That Is Later Pressed To Lay Flat On The Midsole. This Is Called Outflanging. On Certain Models, A reinforcing strip (Also known as a reverse Welt or “Norwegian Welt”) Resulting in the finished boot has an upper secured by two strong rows of stitching.
- The benefit of using this traditional techniques is it is much stronger than gluing and make the boot extremely robust, stable and easily re-soled again and again over many years.
- Deep pull lacing for a firm fit at the heel
- Chrome-free leather lining
- Genuine double-stitched construction: sustainable, durable, high-quality, handcrafted workmanship and fully resoleable
- Clamping lace hooks on top section of uppers for precise and rapid lacing
- Easy Roller: smooth ball bearing lacing system
- Flex zone at heel
- Leather lining for enhanced comfort
- Shock Absorb: additional shock absorber in the heel
- Extremely comfortable midsole
- Soft leather tongue prevents rubbing
- Vibram sole
- Made in Germany
- Weight in g (shoe size 7-7.5): 750
- Upper: waxed nubuck
- Sole: Vibram® Tessin
- Sole Features: Sturdy EVA rubber outsole Wedge sole: slightly raised heel Good grip and stability
- Lining: Chrome-free leather lining
- Gender: Men's